1. To minimize shedding, we suggest you insure all you’re wefts whether it’s hair you got from R.Sierre or any other company, by sealing your wefts with a Weft Sealant. This will prolong the life of your hair. Do not have yourself or your stylist cut the wefts unless need be, cutting wefts could result in minimal shedding.
2. Always comb the hair upwards from the tips to the roots to get rid of knots with a wide tooth comb. A wide tooth comb is probably better as it’s less likely to rip out hair from the weft.
3. When styling hair, do not use too many products, it will eventually weigh the hair down and cause buildup.
4. Wash the hair every 2-3 weeks. If you’re applying products to your hair, you will need to wash more often. Virgin hair is more prone to being greasy than our own so it’s important to keep it clean.
5. Try to reduce the amount of heat your hair is exposed to by air-drying instead of blow-drying.
6. Wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, and excessive exercise. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair will tangle just as your natural hair will. Also, tying your hair up at night will prolong your hair use, as well as your install. Plus it will keep you from having to touch or put heat to your hair every day. Especially your leave out! This is important to your own hair as well! So bonnet or scarf it up ladies!
7. We suggest that you use a professional colorist that has worked with Virgin hair. Our hair colors and lifts very very easily as it is pure hair. If you are planning to do Blonde or lighter tones, please make sure to condition your hair from time to time (every 2 weeks) after initial coloring. That will keep the ends from drying or breaking off.
8.Once taking your weave or extensions out, sit in a sink of water and shampoo for 30 min. Once that’s done, continue to wash it regularly with shampoo.